In-house Planning Lawyer
A rare opportunity for a Planning Lawyer to move in-house with Birmingham based national organisation.
As a Planning Lawyer you will provide advice on a range of legal matters with a particular focus on complex planning and power matters. The role will involve working closely with a number of functions across the organisation as well as external stakeholders.
About the role:
- Provide legal and strategic advice on a variety of complex planning issues including application of planning law and constraints, consenting, public law issues, environmental impacts and minimum requirements.
- Work closely with members of the team including the head of department to explore legal risks and solutions.
- Provide advice relating to interfaces with and application to local authorities.
- Work closely with property/compulsory purchase lawyers in the legal team in relation to complex property transactions.
- Advise on contentious matters including judicial reviews.
- Act as a point of contact between external lawyers/counsel and the functions across the business
- Attend meetings relating to complex planning issues including with senior management.
- Qualified solicitor with experience in complex planning matters.
- Experience of providing legal advice to high value construction or infrastructure projects.
- Proven public law experience.
- Effective problem solving skills including working without established precedent or procedure.
- Effective planning and organisational skills in order to manage a large caseload.
For more information please contact David Cartwright at Chadwick Nott.
0121 200 5576
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.