COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ASSOCIATE 3-5YRS- MAGIC CIRCLE FIRM
This top-tier UK firm are currently seeking a Commercial Litigation associate with 3-5PQE & with experience in banking or insurance litigation, or public international law, to join their Litigation, Arbitration and Regulatory group in London. You will need be currently practising commercial litigation at a top-rank practice. In all cases, you should be intellectually rigorous, have first-class legal ability and an outstanding academic track record.
Their group currently comprises of 27 partners and around 89 associates. Their team has experience in virtually every sector of international business across multiple jurisdictions (both common and civil law systems).
They handle a broad range of work across the following areas:
- Finance - acting for banks as lenders, lessors and arrangers in all types of financial disputes.
- Regulatory - supporting and advising on investigations and disciplinary proceedings by regulatory authorities.
- Insurance - acting for insurers and insured in disputes.
- Corporate - advising top UK and international corporations on a wide range of internal and external disputes, ranging from shareholder minority actions to contested mergers and acquisitions to post-acquisition disputes.
- Fraud and securities enforcement - handling all aspects of criminal and enforcement matters, including advising clients on how to avoid the substantial risks that investigations and prosecutions pose, representing clients before regulatory and self-regulatory bodies and defending clients in investigations and in the courtroom in both civil and criminal trials.
- Commercial - advising UK and international trading companies on a wide range of disputes with their trading partners.
- Competition (antitrust) law - advising on and defending antitrust litigation and regulatory investigations, counselling on whether business strategies are likely to be challenged under local laws and obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Public law - advising public bodies, financial institutions and government generally.
- Information Technology - covering computer, software, data and telecommunications law.
- Media - defending defamation and libel claims, protecting the media's right to access public documents and protecting copyright and other intellectual property, particularly in the context of electronic publishing.
- Product liability - advising on issues relating to the consumer, food, manufacturing, retail, financial, medical and transport sectors.
- Professional negligence - defending large indemnity claims.
- Securities litigation - defending issuers, underwriters, investment advisors, officers and directors in securities class actions and derivative suits.
- Tax - advising on transfer pricing, default investigations, judicial review and similar remedies to reverse unlawful actions and restrain procedural abuses, conducting public policy initiatives.
For further information, please contact Alana Gross on 020 7187 7413. Alternatively, please email your CV to Alana.Gross@ssq.com.