PENSIONS ASSOCIATE NQ-5YRS- MAGIC CIRCLE FIRM
This Magic Circle firm are currently looking for a Pensions associate with NQ-5PQE to join their team in London.
Their Pensions and Employment practice is currently led by 4 partners and has 25 associates, 4 trainees, 4 PSLs and 2 paralegals.
Their Pensions team works within the broader Pensions and Employment Group. Their team provides some of the most complex and innovative pensions advice to UK and International clients, handling all aspects of Pensions law affecting their business and transactions. In line with the firm's multi-specialist approach, there will also be opportunities to undertake employment law work, particularly in the context of corporate transactions.
Your Role and responsibilities will include:
- Advising and amending schemes to reflect new law and practices
- Advising on public and private M&A (acquisitions, disposals, IPOs, mergers, privatisations, reconstructions, demergers) where significant pension liabilities including pre Closing pension restructuring
- Advising on restructuring and refinancing corporates with significant pension liabilities
- Advising on pension scheme mergers
- Structuring and implementing benefit change
- Putting in place PPF contingent assets
- Drafting bulk purchase annuity policies
- Negotiating funding agreements
- Attending trustee meetings
Also on matters such as these, your role and responsibilities will be wide-ranging, but will in particular include:
- Advising on pensions and employment law aspects of public and private M&A
- Drafting transaction and pensions constitutional documentation
- Managing discrete parts of transactions, including engaging directly with the client and other advisers/parties and leading teams of fee earners
- Researching and advising on bespoke areas of law and producing notes of advice.
For further information, please contact Rachael Fowler on 020 7187 7438 or firstname.lastname@example.org