LITIGATION JUNIOR PSL 3+- MULTINATIONAL LAW FIRM
This Multinational Law firm are currently looking for a junior PSL with a litigation and arbitration background to sit within their Disputes Matrix Practice Group in London. You will be responsible for: training and know-how, day-to-day support and dealing with legal queries from other lawyers in the PG and profile-raising and business development ("BD"). The Matrix is an umbrella practice group for all contentious lawyers throughout the firm, regardless of legal and sectoral specialisation.
You will work closely with their experienced senior PSL. You will be proactive, a self-motivated learner, and be capable of gaining the respect and confidence of fee-earners on technical issues. You will be enthusiastic about this PSL role, with an active interest in further developing your knowledge and skills to the role.
You will need to bring recent fee-earner experience to bear on the functions of your role, with a view to optimising the service provided by both PSLs and the wider business support team to contentious lawyers throughout the firm. You will need to be able to manage multiple competing demands on their time and will have the confidence to take steps to ensure they are visible within the disputes group and the wider firm, integrating into the different Matrix teams as a key resource for all of them. The key function to this role will be to create, maintain and develop training, knowhow and BD resources for the firm's contentious practice within the UK, in particular England & Wales.
In particular, you will be responsible for:
* Coordinate, update and further develop the firm's programme for contentious trainees with support from an experienced litigation paralegal, including presenting training sessions as appropriate and making and implementing recommendations based on feedback collected
* Organise the firm's programme for newly-qualified contentious lawyers in conjunction with the University of Law
* Collaborate with the senior PSL on the development and delivery of the firm's internal training programme for contentious lawyers
* Maintain and publicise within the firm a calendar of relevant training available to contentious fee-earners from internal and external sources
* Take a lead role in developing and maintaining the firm's knowhow, precedents and templates in relation to English litigation, ADR and arbitration, identifying where these can be obtained through existing subscriptions to PLC, LexisPSL, Kluwer Arbitration or others and those areas where bespoke materials should be produced and maintained for the disputes teams
* Identify and supervise implementation of improvements to the practice's intranet knowhow pages
* Coordinate the delivery of monthly internal Matrix knowhow meetings, including preparing agenda, liaising with paralegals, Reception and Facilities regarding meeting arrangements, presenting agenda items as required and circulating materials as appropriate
* Provide current awareness updates to support the firm's competition litigation practice, injunctions blog, and other areas as required
* Facilitate knowledge-sharing and an awareness of knowledge resources throughout the Matrix
* Generally support all the teams making up the English disputes practice, including day-to-day queries, referring more complex queries to the senior PSL as appropriate
* Draft and/or edit client-facing articles for their Law-Now communications platform, annual reviews and/or external journals as required
* Assist fee-earners with internal procedural aspects of Law-Now, annual reviews and other publications
* Collaborate with other PSLs, fee-earners and partners on developing and updating other legal publications
* Collaborate with the BD team in identifying, pursuing and supporting marketing campaigns and initiatives for the Matrix and the firm generally
* Collaborate with the senior PSL and the client training team in identifying client training needs and develop training materials to meet these, including presenting to clients if appropriate
* Assist the BD team and senior fee-earners in preparing departmental submissions for legal directories
* Collaborate on training, knowledge-sharing and business development initiatives with other PSLs, other practice areas and other CMS firms as appropriate
* Attend meetings of Association of Litigation Professional Support Lawyers (ALPS) on behalf of the firm and facilitate the firm's hosting of ALPS meetings at approximately annual intervals
For further information, please contact Elliot Jackson on 020 7187 7410 or alternatively please email your CV to email@example.com.