EMEA Legal Counsel- General Lending
We are representing a leading international (non bulge-bracket) bank, looking to hire a general lending lawyer to join their well-established EMEA legal team. This business has a strong network internationally and it and it offers a wide range of wholesale banking products and through its investment arm, it provides a strong portfolio of global financial services across capital market, securities and leasing products. The legal team is small so your diet of work will be really varied!
The main responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and drafting a broad range of banking documents
- Working closely with business teams advising on all matters of a legal or sensitive nature where appropriate;
- Reviewing and/or drafting derivatives documentation (e.g. ISDA Master Agreement documentation) and capital markets transactions (it is not primary role or essential requirement);
- Dealing on a proactive basis with questions of a legal nature which arise throughout EMEA Region as a result of the Bank's operations, customer relationships, regulatory and corporate governance;
- Managing / minimising legal risk;
- Participating in specific industry bodies and professional associations where appropriate.
The ideal candidate should have a very minimum of 3 years' PQE, with proven experience in general banking to include syndicated lending, gained from a City law firm or another leading bank
If this opportunity could be of any potential interest please contact Elaine Weng for a confidential discussion via email: firstname.lastname@example.org