Industrial Disease Solicitor
Our client is a leading commercial firm and they are looking for an industrial disease solicitor to join the Liverpool team
You will manage a caseload of predominantly high value multi track litigated disease cases for a wide range of commercial insurer clients. The applicant will be required to handle a variety of different disease types, but predominantly high value respiratory claims. The applicant will therefore need experience in this area.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of litigated disease claims with a range of complexity and value.
- Review each case upon allocation and report to client/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate.
- Compliance with client SLA's
- Liaise with various parties such as other solicitors, insurers, experts, counsel and clients.
- Control case manager diary and action lists.
- Attend at court hearings as appropriate.
- Draft various documents such as letters and reports.
- Perform billing duties, ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Satisfy standards of client care in accordance with Team Manager guidelines and directions.
- Complete client MI procedures.
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets.
- Comply with relevant rules, policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with legal developments.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Experience of defending high value disease claims.
- Experience of managing your own litigated case load
- Experience of mentoring and supporting more junior fee earners
- Experience of complying with SLA's and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of the CPR
- Ability to influence a broad range of people, including key decision makers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to financial targets.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.