Asset Management Solicitor
Our client has an international presence, and they are looking for a further solicitor within the Leeds commercial property team to deal with Asset Management
An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work mean that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by their clients. Working as part of dedicated client teams you will:
- Act as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and running your own caseload (under supervision and with the support of a senior member of the team).
* Work closely to client protocols and processes.
* Comply with the required standards for file opening, conflict management, and financial management of files, billing regimes etc. as well as the specific reporting or other management requirements of individual clients.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
* Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, business development and/or client care and relationship management.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment. Key skills include:
- Experience in commercial property, typically gained in negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
* An ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
* Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
* A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
* Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* A team oriented and collegiate way of working.
* Some experience of and success within business development and/or client care or relationship management activities.
* Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels.
* Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
* Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of transactional matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
* A positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* An ability to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
* Attention to detail with a concern for quality.
The commercial real estate team in the north operates from all three of the Northern offices in Leeds, Manchester They have been one of the few teams to actively grow and recruit over the last few years and they continue to grow. A key part of the real estate strategy is the continued growth of the asset management team, which is one of the best regarded teams nationally.
This team undertakes leasehold acquisitions and disposals, deals with the grant of new leases, lease renewals, licences for consents, due diligence, reporting and contract work on portfolio transactions for a range of well-known national clients with large investment and operational property portfolios of retail, industrial, office, health and educational premises. In all cases we provide high quality, commercially orientated advice to clients for whom property is a key asset.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.