Commercial Property Paralegal - Kent
Our client is a leading law firm with offices throughout the South East; they pride themselves on achieving excellent client satisfaction and the outcomes their clients need. They act for a broad range of listed and privately owned companies, public sector and not-for-profit organisations, and a significant number of mid and high-net-worth individuals. Due to expansion, they currently have an opportunity for a Paralegal to join their highly experienced and regarded Commercial Property Department based in Maidstone - salary will be in the region of £20,000 - £24,000.
The specialist Property Services team is developing an enviable position in the market and deals with high quality transactional work for commercial clients, investors and developers. Their work involves planning, environmental law and regulatory services. The main focus of your role will be to work alongside fee earners in the commercial property team and manage your own caseload of lower value matters with the support at hand as and when you require. You will also be assisting with their more complex and senior transactions.
Duties will include:
- Running basic commercial property transactions with supervision as required
- Dealing with the processes of 'exchange' and 'completion' together with post-completion work, registrations and completing on-line SDLT forms
- Running plot sales transactions, with supervision as required including chain chasing
- Liaising with clients and the other side's solicitors; giving advice/updates and building a rapport
- Providing general assistance with property searches and investigation on title
- Assisting with the financial control of matters
- Providing administrative support to the fee earners in the team (research, photocopying, proof reading)
Skills & experience:
- Previous legal work experience in commercial property
- Proven experience delivering excellent client care skills
- Desirable but not essential, have some knowledge or experience of residential conveyancing background
- Ideally LPC qualified although someone with the appropriate Property experience would also be considered
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with account balances
- Good analytical and communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient manner and the ability to work as part of a team
- A committed, keen and hard working attitude with excellent organisational skills
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
For more information please contact Rachael Travers at Chadwick Nott Legal Recruitment.
0117 917 1870
0770 304 6765
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.