CONSTRUCTION (NON-CONT) ASSOCIATE 1-4YRS- DYNAMIC UK FIRM
This well regarded UK firm are currently looking for a Non-Contentious Construction associate with 1-4PQE to join their London office.
Their construction group acts for a variety of clients ranging from high net worth private clients to major developers, property investors, banks and occupiers through to contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. Their work often involves complex, high-profile developments with a particular specialism acting for specialist high-end developers.
Your Responsibilities/Duties will include:
- Preparation and negotiation of construction documentation, including consultants' appointments, building contracts (based on standard forms), letters of intent, collateral warranties, third party rights notices, parent company guarantees and performance bonds.
- Assisting in relation to the construction aspects of real estate transactions (commercial and high value residential), property finance and corporate transactions, including due diligence and the preparation of due diligence reports, raising and replying to enquiries.
- Assisting with the management of key client accounts.
- Managing and building client relationships, and acting as a point of contact.
- Acting as a point of contact on projects.
Your Required Experience:
- This role will be largely non-contentious so you will need a strong working knowledge of non-contentious construction which is essential.
- You will need proven experience working for developers, investors, lenders, contractors and consultants in the following sectors: housing (including prime/super prime central London and the branded private rental sector), retail, commercial, student accommodation, education and retirement homes.
- You must be familiar with the various methods of construction procurement and have a good knowledge of all the standard forms of construction contract, including JCT and NEC.
- You will need proven experience advising on the construction aspects of agreements for lease, facility agreements, forward funding agreements and construction related security documents, such a collateral warrants, third party rights, bonds, guarantees and escrow agreements.
- You will need to have strong drafting and negotiating skills. You should also have experience of drafting and negotiating amendments to the standard building contracts and have worked on bespoke agreements, including assisting with preparation of precedent documents.
- You will need proven experience of working for high net worth clients, including overseas clients.
- You will need the ability to run your own matters with a partner or legal director supervision.
For further information, please contact Marc Needoff on 020 7187 7435 or alternatively please email your CV to email@example.com.