Senior Claims Handler
2 days left
- Full time
Our client is an international law firm with over 600 people in multiple locations. Due to expansion, they have 6 vacancies to fill in Bristol - 1 of which is a senior claims handler position. This role will pay £24,000 - £32,000; the firm encourages career progression.
The Claims Handling team handles professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels.
Day to day duties will include:
- Management of a caseload of high value and complex professional indemnity claims handling matters
- Development of the client relationship and provision of MI
- Supervision and mentoring of junior members of staff
- Attending review meetings, with insurers, brokers and larger insured clients
- Assisting the Claims Team Leader with file reviews, spot checks and audits
- LPC or CILEx Level 3
- Extensive experience within the field of professional indemnity claims, preferably in a defendant representative capacity
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Confident, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, motivated and commercially aware, with an understanding of the concepts of efficiency
- Ability to consider, analyse and advise upon large amounts of documents and material in a short space of time
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients
- Experience of case management systems
- Experience of conducting investigations into policy coverage, including potential fraud issues - desirable not essential
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Senior Claims Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly