Senior Claims Handler
Our client is an international law firm with over 600 people in multiple locations. Due to expansion, they have 6 vacancies to fill in Bristol - 1 of which is a senior claims handler position. This role will pay £24,000 - £32,000; the firm encourages career progression.
The Claims Handling team handles professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels.
Day to day duties will include:
- Management of a caseload of high value and complex professional indemnity claims handling matters
- Development of the client relationship and provision of MI
- Supervision and mentoring of junior members of staff
- Attending review meetings, with insurers, brokers and larger insured clients
- Assisting the Claims Team Leader with file reviews, spot checks and audits
- LPC or CILEx Level 3
- Extensive experience within the field of professional indemnity claims, preferably in a defendant representative capacity
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Confident, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, motivated and commercially aware, with an understanding of the concepts of efficiency
- Ability to consider, analyse and advise upon large amounts of documents and material in a short space of time
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients
- Experience of case management systems
- Experience of conducting investigations into policy coverage, including potential fraud issues - desirable not essential
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.