Deputy Company Secretary (Interim)
Our client, a leading FMCG company require a Deputy Company Secretary on an interim basis.
- Company Secretarial support to group companies
- Share registration and reward services
- Legal support for plc-related obligations and the Finance, Tax, Treasury teams
- Organising the AGM (including drafting legal notices to shareholders, ensuring logistical arrangements with the venue and other support companies are in place and work smoothly); preparing the governance sections of the Annual Report ; ensuring plc listing requirements are met with the UK FCA and the London Stock Exchange, the US SEC and New York Stock Exchanges; proactively reviewing and considering the impact of proposed legislative changes on corporate governance
- Dealing with Board and shareholder meetings for the Group's UK and Irish companies to consider requests to enter into contracts or make investments or disposals and acting as a director of such companies (including advising on the need for and type of approval);
- Co Sec input into projects such as corporate governance and compliance issues, AGM, liquidations and Treasury/financing matters (including share buy backs, bond issues and debt raising).
- Secretary to the UK Pension Scheme Trustees and Finance Committee
- Ensuring share register is an accurate record of share ownership
- Ensure that share rewards team performs effectively.
The role would suit a chartered secretary, solicitor or barrister with at least 7 years post-qualification experience, of which preferably five years will have been dealing directly with PLC secretarial matters. Immediate or a short notice period (no more than 2 weeks) could be considered and the role is initially scheduled to last until Mid-October from where it will then be reviewed
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.