Immigration Senior Associate
US firm based in London is looking to expand their employment practice and looking to recruit a 6-8 years PQE Senior Associate/Special Counsel. Ideally be experienced in advising on all forms of business immigration into the UK. Specific areas of experience required includes:
- Sponsorship licenses for workers - Tier 2, Tier 2 ICT and Tier 5
- Visas for investors/entrepreneurs
- Understanding what activities business visitors to the UK are permitted to do
- Advising on appropriate record keeping and monitoring processes
- Applications for extension of stay and settlement
- Advising on immigration issues to be aware of on setting up business in the UK
- Visas for dependants and overseas entry clearance application
- Dealing with migrants after a takeover or merger
- Assisting with large scale audits in the workplace
- Applications for reconsideration of negative decisions and dealing with workplace raids
This is a "first hire" for the firm in this area so looking for someone who is comfortable operating on their own but more importantly someone who is going to thrive and relish the opportunity to build a practice from scratch and to make the most of the considerable potential which the firm believe exists within the platform to develop a UK immigration practice, especially with the likely growth in the need for immigration advice as a result of Brexit.
Entrepreneurial spirit, being a "self-starter", business development and networking skills are therefore just as important as technical ability and some form of client following would obviously help to demonstrate those skills. Clearly there would be partnership prospects for someone who comes in and grows a successful business.
Please note that the firm does not advise individuals therefore not needing someone who specialises in asylum or similar personal/individual immigration matters.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.