LITIGATION PSL 3+ (4 DAYS A WEEK)- MAGIC CIRCLE FIRM
This Magic Circle firm are currently looking for a PSL or practising lawyer to support their existing full-time senior PSL and the wider work of the DR practice support team. The successful candidate will be at the heart of the DR group, bringing to bear their previous legal and practical experience as a fee-earner to create systems and knowhow that make a real difference to the work of the group. They are looking for someone with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience of a disputes practice. Prior experience as a PSL is not essential, and candidates with experience at the bar would also be considered.
Their Dispute Resolution group has an outstanding international reputation. Led by 10 partners, it counts some 55 associates, 17 trainees, a team of paralegals and a number of contract lawyers assisting on specific matters. Their DR lawyers are supported by a team of specialists. They include a dedicated e-disclosure systems unit, and a practice support team. That team, led by their senior PSL, currently consists of a support manager and administrator, a business development manager, a legal project management co-ordinator, a knowledge and information officer and a paralegal.
Their DR group acts for a broad range of clients, including corporates, financial institutions, sovereigns and international organisations. Their practice is broad, with extensive experience in high value litigation, international arbitrations and global investigations. Their work is always complex, frequently high-profile, and often breaks new ground.
The role will report on a day-to-basis to the existing senior PSL, but the successful candidate should also expect to work directly with Partners (and other fee-earners). In addition, all PSLs in the firm have a dotted line report to the Director of Knowledge & Information. PSLs across the firm work closely with their central Knowledge & Information department as well as with the Business Development and Learning & Development departments.
Your Key responsibilities
- Keeping up to date with legal and commercial developments that affects their practice.
- Assisting with the organization, capture, review and creation of know-how and ensuring that this is loaded onto our know-how systems.
- Maintaining, drafting or commenting on standard documents.
- Monitoring the use of and need for additional standard documents
- Assisting with the organization, capture and review of precedents and ensuring they are loaded onto their know-how systems.
- Maintaining, organizing and updating the relevant practice pages on the firm's intranet.
- Contributing to or editing updates and articles for internal know-how briefings.
- Responding to queries from fee earners.
- Involvement in specific knowledge projects.
- Devising, co-ordinating and implementing a series of dedicated training programmes for DR fee-earners of varying levels of seniority.
- Drafting and delivering (or assisting fee earners in preparation of) training for their fee earners.
External facing: client publications, client training, industry or legal consultations and committees
- Writing, editing or assisting in the preparation of client briefings or articles for external publications on topical issues.
- Drafting and delivering or assisting fee earners in preparation and delivery of client training.
- Replying to or contributing to replies to industry or legal consultations.
- Participating in, attending, or assisting fee earners' participation in, external committees, conferences and events.
Innovation and practice efficiency projects
Contributing to initiatives that use technology to promote practice efficiency. Current examples of initiatives that involve members of the PSL team include the implementation of AI powered due diligence software, document automation projects, legal transaction mapping, legal project management and technology-assisted review in the context of electronic disclosure.
Pitches, directories and website
- Contributing practice specific content to firm-wide pitches and relevant sections of their website.
- Assisting with submissions to legal directories and nominations for industry awards.
- Supporting internal business development initiatives.
For further information, please contact Rachael Fowler on 020 7187 7438. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.