Part-Time Debt Recovery Assistant
Our client is one of the UK's top 100 law firms; they are commercially astute with a strong international focus, serving a wide range of corporate, institutional and private clients. They are looking to recruit a Debt Recovery Assistant who will work within their Risk & Compliance team as well as working closely with the accounts department and litigation. It is a part-time role; approximately 15-18 hours a week with flexibility to work these hours across 3 - 5 working days. Salary guide is £40,000 - £45,000 (FTE).
The purpose of the role will be to run a streamlined and effective debt collection service for their internal debts, providing litigation support as part of the process of revenue control with the objective of progressing the recovery of unpaid invoices by means of the litigation process.
Duties will include:
- Review files before action is taken and recommend and agree strategy with the finance partner and risk manager to instigate legal proceedings, ensuring files above a certain level are escalated
- Initiate legal proceedings, taking cases to court where appropriate
- Ensure fee earners are kept appraised of all dealings on their files/clients including incoming monies without delay
- Enhance existing debt collection methods and run the litigation day to day
- Liaise with the risk management team, reviewing current processes and assisting with improvements
- Negotiate and monitor payments by instalments as required
- Ensure all queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Good academics, including a minimum of 2.1 (or equivalent) at degree level and good "A" levels (or equivalent)
- A working knowledge of in-house debt collection for law firms
- An understanding of court debt recovery processes
- Familiarity with the SRA Code of Conduct and Solicitors' Accounts Rules.
- The ability to demonstrate exceptional case management and meticulous attention to detail
- A demonstrable proven track record of excellent direct client contact and client care
- An understanding of professional negligence and insolvency matters within a debt recovery context (desirable)
- Experience of international debt collection involving several different jurisdictions (desirable)
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Part-Time Debt Recovery Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly