A leading UK law firm with a network of offices across the country are currently recruiting for a Conveyancer to join their team in Fareham. The role sits within the Private Client team which offers a professional service designed to make the process of buying or selling a personal property anywhere in the world as efficient and stress-free as can be. This award-winning firm is the first top 100 law firm to achieve 'Gold Standard' Investors in People and also won the UK Law Firm of the Year in 2015. They are the largest firm of conveyancing solicitors accredited under the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme and are constantly commended in national consumer service awards.
- Check legal titles to all freehold transactions and be able to deal with all elements of these transactions.
- Check legal titles to leasehold transactions and deal with all elements of these transactions.
- Deal efficiently with purchase of plot transactions, sales of part and more complex matters such as the purchase of freeholds, drafting of easements, drafting of Statutory Declarations or Declarations of Trust subject to supervision where reasonably prudent.
- Be responsible and accountable for files.
- Recognise problems and refer these appropriately.
- Ensure that files are run in an orderly manner with minimum administrative and accounting errors.
- Be fully up to date with changes in the law and conveyancing procedures.
- Be aware of associated areas of law such as Probate, Insolvency, Matrimonial which may affect transactions.
- Confidently and calmly deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the process.
- Competently draft non standard correspondence of a technical nature.
- Manage workloads effectively as well as those of the support staff.
- Become familiar with the wider aspects of the housing and conveyancing markets.
- Achieve financial targets set for billing by Team Managers.
- Support Team Manager and department with marketing initiatives when required and collecting management information.
Interested candidates should be familiar with the entire Conveyancing process to include post completion work and understand the roles of support teams such as New Business and Accounts in the process. You will be enthusiastic, organised and determined in order to help the residential conveyancing department continue to service its clients in a highly professional manner. A competitive salary and benefits are offered.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.