PRIVATE EQUITY PSL 4-6YRS- SILVER CIRCLE FIRM
This Silver Circle firm are currently seeking a new recruit with both private equity and private M&A experience to join their highly valued Corporate PSL team. This role will involve working closely with the partners, associates and trainees in the private equity group, providing knowhow support and contributing towards their training and continued development.
Their Corporate department currently has a team of four professional support lawyers. Two of the Corporate PSLs focus primarily on private equity and private M&A work, and two focus on equity capital markets and public takeovers, with the whole team advising on general contract and company law matters.
Ideally, you will be around 4-6PQE with a strong background in private equity and private M&A. PSL experience is not a pre-requisite.
The key elements to this role will include the following:
- Answering queries from fee-earners at all levels in Corporate and other departments
- Drafting articles for their internal monthly knowhow bulletin, Corporate Update
- Monitoring company law developments and keeping fee earners informed of important issues
- Monitoring market trends in the private equity industry and keeping fee earners informed of important developments
- Attending transaction de-briefs with fee earners to discuss interesting/important points of knowhow
- Contributing to external working groups established to consider the impact of new laws on the private equity industry (such as the BVCA working group on AIFMD)
- Maintaining knowhow on the general corporate and private equity pages of the intranet and their online knowhow library
- Organising and participating in the associates' private equity and private M&A training programmes
- Presenting ad-hoc training sessions to the Corporate associates, such as refresher training on company law basics
- Overseeing the trainee training programme, which runs bi-annually in March and September
- Together with other Corporate PSLs, organising the programme for their monthly Corporate department seminars and presenting at some of these
- Giving seminars on private equity/private M&A and company law topics to other practice areas as part of the firm-wide training programme
- Updating existing precedents in response to market practice, legal and regulatory changes and fee earner comments
- Drafting new precedents
Client facing activities and external publications
- Drafting client legal briefings, alerts and newsletters
- Preparing presentations for partners for client seminars and, when required, delivering presentations to clients or co-presenting with partners
- Assisting with updating external publications, including chapters in private equity and company law textbooks, and writing occasional articles for Practical Law, the ICAEW and other legal and business publications
Other ad-hoc projects, including document automation
For further information, please contact Marc Needoff on 020 7187 7435 or alternatively please email your CV to email@example.com.