Real Estate Paralegal
5 days left
- Newly Qualified
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£38m and 400 staff - including more than 250 fee earners - across its 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com
The Real Estate department comprises 46 fee earners and carries out major healthcare real estate development and construction work for the NHS and other bodies from the voluntary, public and private sectors.
The department is looking to recruit an additional paralegal with previous real estate experience to assist with its expanding workload.
Main duties and responsibilities
- drafting and negotiating short form leases, licences, TR1’s, basic sale contracts and deeds of variation;
- drafting heads of terms for negotiation with CHP’s tenants;
- drafting leases and ancillary documents using standard form templates;
- assisting fee earners with due diligence and estates rationalisation;
- dealing with post completion requirements e.g. completing Land Registry applications, SDLT returns, scheduling deeds etc.;
- supporting the Estates Management Service as required with the administration of the deeds system and the preparation of summaries of title, leases etc.;
- supporting CHP’s property managers in agreeing the heads of terms with the tenants including liaising with tenants where necessary;
- liaising with and supporting Capsticks Real Estate lawyers in agreeing the leases and ancillary documents with the tenants;
- liaising with CHP’s chosen contract to arrange the production of lease plans;
- research and legal analysis;
- proof reading documents;
- preparing engrossments of documents for execution;
- drafting routine correspondence and documents; and
- any other duties as reasonably requested.
- an LPC or BVC qualification (LPC as a minimum);
- current/recent Real Estate / Commercial Property experience, and a genuine interest in real estate;
- proven experience of handling own caseload;
- good drafting skills;
- good communication skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good IT skills including Excel.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate at interview that they are:
- well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- proactive; and
Candidates should be available to start within two weeks, or as soon as possible, and if you are interested in applying for this position please apply by sending your covering letter and CV via the vacancies section on our website at www.capsticks.com.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.