Assistant Solicitor, Asbestos - Personal Injury Department
We are seeking to hire an Asbestos lawyer with over 4 years PQE relevant experience. This is a newly created role and the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to run a complex asbestos disease case load with minimum supervision.
Leigh Day has a team of specialist claimant lawyers with unrivalled expertise in the field of asbestos and industrial disease. Leigh Day acts exclusively for claimants who've been injured or treated unlawfully by others. We have successfully settled compensation claims in cases relating to asbestos exposure, including pleural thickening, asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma. Leigh Day's asbestos lawyers have secured millions of pounds in compensation in the last ten years for clients whose loved ones have died because of asbestos exposure. To learn more about our Asbestos and Industrial Disease Team please use this link http://www.leighday.co.uk/Asbestos-and-industrial-disease
Key tasks and responsibilities will include;
Working directly with a Partner, the role holder will be independently managing a claimant asbestos caseload to the highest standard, while dealing very sensitively and building trust and confidence with our clients. S/he would also be actively supporting with business development activities.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate;
- Ability to independently run a complex asbestos disease caseload with minimum supervision, to a consistently high standard;
- In-depth understanding of the spectrum of law under Asbestos Related Diseases and a first rate technical ability within Industrial Disease;
- Ability to deal sensitively with clients and commitment to excellent client care;
- Good research, problem solving skills and IT skills along with being an effective communicator.
We would welcome applications from those who are passionate about delivering justice to people who have been suffering / lost loved ones because of asbestos exposure.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Manchester.
Please visit https://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the full job description.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by Sunday 20 May 2018.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately failure to return all the above requested documents may result in your application not being considered.
Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.