Junior Legal Counsel (Corporate 2 yrs PQE)
Our client, a well-regarded specialist assent manager, are seeking a Qualified lawyer with funds, private equity and regulatory experience.
Applicants will have familiarity with UK Listing Rules and Corporate Governance Code.
The main duties of the role are highlighted below, broken down into the relevant areas you will be covering:
- Staying abreast of and advising the business on changes in relevant law, potentially including project implementation work;
- Assisting with the drafting and maintenance of suitable policies and procedures to ensure the Group’s compliance with relevant law;
- Providing general legal guidance in respect of ongoing business, new business initiatives and corporate transactions;
- Drafting or reviewing documents and providing specific legal advice in relation to:
- Contracts (for example):
- Non-disclosure / confidentiality agreements;
- Investment management agreements;
- Service level agreements; and
- Supplier contracts/contracts for services;
- Corporate Transactions (for example):
- Bank debt documentation;
- Private placement or bond documentation;
- Agreements relating to corporate acquisitions and sales.
- Contracts (for example):
Corporate Governance and Company Secretary
- Supporting the General Counsel in their work with the Board, Board Committees, and senior management.
- Advising on Corporate Governance requirements
- Advising and supporting on the requirements of listed entities
- Drafting and organising dissemination of announcements to the market;
- Managing the Group’s delegated authority programme, including maintaining standing powers of attorney;
- Responsibility for Group subsidiaries, maintaining adequate company records in compliance with relevant corporate legislation
- Providing support to, and in due course acting as Company Secretary to, the Board and Audit Committee
- Where external legal help is used, monitoring these relationships with the goal of ensuring that full and professional value-for-money advice is provided to the business
- Supporting the General Counsel in managing relationships with shareholders and shareholder bodies.
Liaison with Compliance and Risk Functions
- Close work on a daily basis with the Compliance team
- Regular contact with Chief Risk Officer and occasional support on bespoke projects.
Upon applying, please communicate your availability for interview.
Apply for Junior Legal Counsel (Corporate 2 yrs PQE)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial 4-6 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate 4-6 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Commercial contracts 4-6 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- M&A 4-6 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Greater)