Property Litigation Solicitor
Our client is a national firm who are looking for a 2-6PQE Property Litigation Solicitor for the team in Birmingham
The Property Litigation team acts for public and private sector landlords, tenants and real estate developers, and the client base includes local authorities, NHS Trusts, housing associations, social landlords, blue chip retailers and owner managed businesses. They use bespoke case management systems to ensure that all documents are accurate and consistent, court procedures are followed and deadlines met.
To manage a caseload of mixed property litigation work, both commercial and housing/residential.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of property litigation cases
- Caseload includes commercial cases such as estate management work, possession actions, s25 lease renewals, injunctions etc
- Caseload also includes residential cases such as possessions, rent recovery, disrepairs etc for both housing association and other residential landlords
- Assist other case handlers with their caseloads
- Support and develop more junior members of the team
- Assist with business development and profile raising initiatives including networking events
- Complete MI procedures as required
- Achieve set targets/KPIs
- Ensure relevant deadlines, compliance and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with relevant firm and client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified solicitor
- Background and experience in property litigation work is essential
- Motivated and highly-driven
- Excellent IT and typing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.