Property Legal Adviser
We are seeking a Licensed Conveyancer/Solicitor, ILEX or experienced residential Conveyancer to join our Property Team in Lewes, Seaford or East Grinstead.
Working closely with other Legal Advisers and Property Assistants in the team, you will be managing a wide range of client work from initial instruction through to matter conclusion.
Ideally we require this candidate to have 3 plus years PQE, be admitted to a professional body and highly competent in the relevant work area. The candidate will need to have experience of running a caseload of residential property transactions to include freehold contracts, transfers, leases, deeds, options and mortgages.
Responsibilities will include:
- To run and manage a caseload of residential property transactions to include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases and the drafting negotiation and completion of contracts, transfers, leases, deeds, options, mortgages.
- To ensure that all client work is processed correctly and expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed of progress and costs
- To comply (in conjunction with Accounts Department) with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- To comply with professional body membership requirements
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To endeavour to achieve agreed levels of billing
Marketing and networking skills are essential in order to participate actively in seeking new business, building relationships with potential clients, contacts and referrers and developing the firm as a whole.
A high standard of interpersonal and communication skills is vital, especially in the context of client care and we are looking for someone who has a positive and friendly matter in dealing with clients, contacts and colleagues.