Corporate Legal Counsel
Willis Asset Management Limited, the UK subsidiary of Willis Lease Finance Corporation (“Willis Lease”), have exclusively partnered with Robert Walters to recruit its first Legal Counsel in the UK. The successful Corporate Legal Counsel will work in Bridgend and join a small global legal team.
Willis Lease, headquartered in Novato, California, is a provider of aviation services, specialising in leasing spare commercial aircraft engines and other aircraft-related equipment to commercial airlines, aircraft engine manufacturers, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul facilities worldwide.
Willis Asset Management Limited provides unique independent consultancy solutions to asset owners, operators, financiers and MROs.
Join the team
As an integral part of the Global Legal team, you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries. Due to the nature of the business you will build relationships externally as many of the key stakeholders are based internationally.
Corporate Legal Counsel key role responsibilities:
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts including, but not restricted to agreements in connection with the sale, lease, repair and maintenance of jet engines, engine parts and aircraft.
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies in order to minimise and manage risk.
- Reviewing financings and credit facilities, supporting security compliance and performing other.
- Liaising with other International Legal Counsel, business teams, service providers and customers as appropriate often internationally.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms.
- Liaising with and managing external law firms as appropriate.
Corporate Legal Counsel key role requirements:
- You will be UK qualified lawyer with circa 4-7 years PQE in transactional area of law.
- Experience in the equipment leasing and/or or the aviation sector is desirable but not essential.
- You should be client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload.
- You will demonstrate the ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this Corporate Legal Counsel role.
For more information on this Corporate Legal Counsel role based in Glamorgan please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on 01212602562 or by email – Nisha.email@example.com. Please note that Robert Walters are exclusively retained on this role and all third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters.