Trade Mark Attorney
A top tier south West firm
Within the highly regarded IP team which offers advice on all aspects of intellectual property, including ownership and protection, exploitation and enforcement.
They are looking for an experienced Trade Mark Attorney to provide well-informed, strategic and pragmatic advice in a client-facing position.
This demanding but exciting role involves working with a close-knit team of contentious and non-contentious IP lawyers and being responsible for advising a client roster of global brands on all aspects of trade mark clearance, protection, enforcement and strategy.
You will provide clearance advice for new product launches, deal with office actions, oppositions, and invalidity actions at the UK and EUIPO, as well as appeals.
You will also be expected to advise clients on potential infringement issues.
You must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the bigger picture and provide outcomes of focussed, strategic advice. They provide their clients with answers, not obstacles.
You will be involved in managing the trade mark portfolios of some of the world's best known and most challenging brands.
Chartered Trade Mark Attorney, with at least 3+ years PQE.
You will be a strong team player, able to manage a complex and varied workload and prioritise effectively.
You should be able to demonstrate experience of advising clients in a commercial way.
You must be commercially astute with strong analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will play a key role in supporting the global IP strategy of the firm's growing and changing business.
* Working with the Trade Mark Administrator to manage all global trade mark filings and contentious proceedings.
* Devising and advising on worldwide TM filing strategies; liaising with local counsel worldwide
* Clearance advice
* Advising on office actions and how to deal with them, and responding to the UK and EUIPO
* Advising on and dealing with oppositions and other contentious proceedings at the UK and EUIPO
* Managing a high calibre and varied workload, as you will be given challenging and technical work
* Developing and growing the firm's TM practice
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Trade Mark Attorney
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly