A fantastic new role has arisen for a Corporate/Commercial Solicitor to join a highly regarded firm in their Education team. The firm has offices around the UK and operates nationally as a wider team, this particular role is to be based in our client's Leeds office. This office is relatively new and by capitalising on the firms existing contacts across the north, as well as their fantastic reputation, it is growing much faster than expected. That said this really is an opportunity to get involved at the earlier stages of the development of the office, your contribution will be really noticeable!
If you have education experience then fantastic, if you don't but like the idea of working in this interesting sector all is not lost as they are happy to train and develop a bright corporate or commercial lawyer, it is these skills that are most readily transferable.
So what does the role involve?
- Giving a full range of education law advice including governance and leadership, the formation and development of academy trusts and all other forms of school re-organisation for institutional education clients, primarily state funded schools but occasionally fee paying schools too.
- There will also be the opportunity to develop other areas of educational practice including pupil admissions, special needs and pupil safeguarding to name a few.
- Previous experience within education would be fantastic but is certainly not essential as full training and support will be given both from the local and national team.
- The firm are open in terms of what area candidates have experience in but have suggested that candidates with a background of dealing with corporate, commercial and/or charity clients will possess many transferable skills for this role.
- They are looking for someone who can manage an individual caseload and who is able to work in a collegiate and collaborative way within a team and wider firm environment.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for someone to build a career within a really rewarding practice area, working with clients who value strategic advice delivered in a practical, no nonsense way.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, or would like to find out more about the opportunity please contact Rachael Mann at Sacco Mann or another member of our Private Practice team. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who would be suitable for this role then please let them or us know as we offer a reward for successful referrals. For full terms please see our website.