Structured Professional Indemnity Paralegal
Our client is an international law firm with over 600 people in multiple locations. Due to expansion, they have a number of roles in their Bristol office - one of these is for a Structured Professional Indemnity paralegal. Salary will be £18,000 - £23,000 and they offer excellent opportunities for career progression.
The team receives work from various professional Indemnity insurers in the UK market, across different lines of business and they are looking to recruit an additional paralegal in response to client requirements for a commercially-led solution to managing books of lower-value cases. The capture and use of valuable MI is central to the team's success, with data being used to shape direction and inform pricing. Working with a Senior Associate, the team manager and other team members, you will share responsibility for shaping the development of this approach.
Day to day duties will include:
- Management of a large caseload of professional indemnity claims matters under supervision - these cases will mainly be defence instructions with quantum of £0-£50,000, both pre-action and in litigation;
- Adherence to the agreed process, including diligent and consistent use of MI case management and data capture tools to produce reliable MI
- You will be responsible for all aspects of case handling, including acknowledgement of instructions, investigation, reporting to clients, drafting letters of response / correspondence to other parties, instructing Counsel and dealing with the various steps involved in a litigated case (usually within fast track but with the scope for some multi-track).
- As required, and as capacity allows, flexibility to assist with a variety of paralegal tasks. These may include document review, compliance checks and other matter support tasks
- Law degree or GDL
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective file management
- Paralegal experience within a contentious environment
- Experience of running cases on a volume basis
- Use of a case management system
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.