Housing Development Paralegal
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£38m and 400 staff - including more than 250 fee earners - across its 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com
Main duties and responsibilities
The main roles and responsibilities will be to support other fee earners in the team in all aspects of their caseload, including but not limited to:
- drafting routine correspondence and documents;
- preparing mortgage approvals and completion statements;
- reviewing leases and other title documents;
- updating clients, solicitors and agents on the progress of matters;
- receipting and paying completion funds;
- dealing with exchange of contracts and completions;
- completing Land Registry and SDLT Forms;
- SearchFlow applications;
- preparing reports;
- deed maintenance;
- assisting more junior members of the team with their queries
- general administrative and office support; and
- any other duties as reasonably requested.
Paralegals are expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and have a responsive and proactive approach to the work. Candidates should have:
- a 2:1 undergraduate degree;
- good communication skills;
- good administration skills; and
- good IT skills.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are proactive; and
- are self-motivated.
Candidates should be available to start immediately, or as soon as possible, and if you are interested in applying for this position please visit our website and submit your CV and covering letter via our website. Please note we are only able to respond to candidates we call for interview.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.