In-House: Senior Legal Counsel (Media & Entertainment Law)
A rare in-house position at one of the global leaders in fast moving consumer goods has just become available for a suitably qualified Senior Legal Counsel to join their EMEA legal team based in London.
Listed on the NASQAQ, this hyper active company has products which have a strong sponsorship presence in action sports, music and gaming. Their growing business is fast paced, dynamic and full of energy, just like their products.
The senior legal counsel will utilize their knowledge of media & entertainment law to manage and support the marketing function within the EMEA region. Working closely with a global legal team (headquartered in the USA) and marketing team, the senior legal counsel will act as the lead marketing counsel across EMEA.
The Senior Legal Counsel will have be closely involved with:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on various types of contracts including sponsorship agreements, IP licence agreements, brand partnership agreements, media agreements, promotion terms and conditions, and music licences
- Representing the business in its discussions with the holders of intellectual property rights, commercial rights, media rights and music rights across all sectors.
- Providing advice on legal risks associated with marketing proposals across EMEA.
- Partnering closely with marketing, sales, trade development, HR, finance and the legal department personnel to support the marketing and promotion of our brands.
- Assisting the EMEA legal team in a broad range of matters including corporate, commercial, property, media, intellectual property, data protection and sponsorship.
The senior legal counsel will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Admitted solicitor / barrister with 5-7 years (post training) experience
- Experience in media, IP and music law
- Ability to travel throughout EMEA as required for the business
- Experience in developing practical solutions to resolve legal issues and achieve business goals
This is the ideal position for a high performance lawyer to make the next step in their career. If you've had experience to media, branding, music and marketing and are ready to combine this into a business critical legal role, apply now!!
Contact Grant jackson at Chadwick Nott.
0121 200 5574
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.