Solicitor / Legal Executive / Licensed Conveyancer
We are seeking an experienced Solicitor / Licensed Conveyancer, ILEX or experienced residential conveyancer/property assistant to join our busy Property Team in our East Grinstead office.
Working closely with other Legal Advisers and Property Assistants in the team, you will be managing a wide range of client work from initial instruction through to matter conclusion.
Marketing and networking skills are also important in order to participate actively in seeking new business, building relationships with potential clients, contacts and referrers and developing the firm as a whole.
Ideally we require this candidate to be admitted to a professional body and highly competent in the relevant work area. A high standard of interpersonal and communication skills is vital, especially in the context of client care and we are looking for someone who has a positive and friendly matter in dealing with clients, contacts and colleagues.
- To run and manage a caseload of residential property transactions to include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases and the drafting negotiation and completion of contracts, transfers, leases, deeds, options, mortgages.
- To ensure that all client work is processed correctly and expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed of progress and costs
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner
- To comply (in conjunction with Accounts Department) with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- To comply with professional body membership requirements
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To endeavour to achieve agreed levels of billing
- In close liaison with the Credit Controller, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- In conjunction with the firm, to take responsibility for and attend to self-development
- In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the professional body (if appropriate) and to assist with in-house training as may be required
- In liaison with Head of Department and other Partners, to be active in promoting the services of the firm and its image and ethos
- To promote develop and grow the residential property services of the East Grinstead office in the local area
People Management Responsibilities
- To provide training, coaching and learning opportunities as appropriate for new and existing members of the team
- Comply with the firm’s procedures
- To ensure excellent communication with individuals and across the team
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour Required (Person Spec)
- Admission to professional body (Solicitor, ILEX, Licensed Conveyancer’s) or similar.
- Competence in relevant work area
- Competent in the firm’s computer facilities and other systems as appropriate
- High standard of interpersonal and communication skills, especially in the context of client care
- Pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients and direct reports
- Flexibility and willingness to provide support as reasonably required to Partners and staff within the office
- Ability to plan and organise to achieve the team’s workload
- Consistency in approach to work and developing others
- Ability to be a positive role model
Closing date 12th November 2018
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm