Real Estate Finance Paralegal
Our client is a full service law firm with offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East. They are currently recruiting for a real estate finance paralegal to join their London office; the purpose of this role is to provide a full range of administrative and paralegal support to the department and in particular in relation to residential conveyancing, property management and company secretarial work on behalf of overseas clients. The firm pride themselves on offering a truly varied blend of quality work within a friendly and supportive environment.
The team has secured thousands of properties for a large number of capital markets issues for housing associations as well as traditional bank lending. Due to growth, they are seeking to recruit a paralegal who will play a vital role in the property aspects of substantial secured financial transactions. This will include dealing with extensive property due diligence, preparing property conditions precedents and drafting the certificate of title.
Duties will include:
- Legal research
- Reviewing initial due diligence information received, including searches results and official copy entries
- Completing and dealing with applications to Land Registry and FCA
- Applying for and processing consents applications
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Developing filing and document management systems
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Checking of schedules and management of documents
- Preparing and engrossing fixed charges and other documents
- Collating due diligence packs, particularly for large scale charging portfolios
- Obtaining copy documents from various local authorities and other third party search providers
- Ordering official copy documents
- Using Land Registry Portal and TM Group (online searches services)
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word and Excel (essential)
- Previous Paralegal experience in Property (desirable)
- Knowledge of property law gained from either LPC (advanced property elective) or LLB (essential)
- Previous experience in dealing directly with clients and an appetite to gain more exposure in this area (essential)
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.