National commercial firm is looking for a Real Estate Finance or Banking solicitor 2PQE+ to join the Birmingham team
What does the role involve?
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced banking solicitor with real estate finance experience to join our banking team, to be based within our Corporate& Commercial National Service Line ("NSL").
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising banks, lenders, fund managers and other corporate and institutional clients (both borrowers and lenders) on all aspects of real estate finance and security issues. Sectors covered will include corporate lending, project finance, real estate finance, bonds and capital markets and asset based lending
- Support work for the corporate team on funding issues in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions work
- Being actively involved in assisting with marketing to new and existing clients and responsible for
developing and sustaining relationships directly with clients
Our client base is varied and consists of main clearing banks including RBS, HSBC and Barclays, AgFe, PGIM and asset based lenders such as PNC Business Credit, together with other investor and public sector clients such as Homes England . Important growth areas for the team are working with international banks operating out of London (including large US and Chinese banks) and expanding our range of debt fund clients.
Why should I apply?
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking law firm and our stats speak for themselves. If you want to join a dynamic but supportive team dealing with high value complex domestic and international banking work in a real estate finance context, this is the role for you.
Our banking team has been ranked first for banking and finance work by both Chambers and Legal 500 for the past 8 years. Current and recent transactions include a £76m portfolio refinancing involving 115 properties, a £300m bond for Cardiff University and infrastructure finance for a large residential developer in Cambridge.
The firm has been named for a record fifteenth year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times' annual survey and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 15 years running, and the only UK law firm.
We have also achieved the much sought after Two Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm's commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
We are a growing team and business development is a key feature of the team's day to day work. You will be given opportunities to attend marketing events and progress your own business development initiatives if you wish.
What experience is required?
You will be 3+ PQE with experience gained in a firm renowned for real estate finance work. Your experience will be substantially or wholly gained working in the banking / real estate finance sector and you will be ambitious to progress.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics - 2.1 degree with good A levels (or equivalents)
- Technically strong
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Good time and file management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Self-starting with common-sense and initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build good working relationships with clients and potential client
Excellent interpersonal and the ability to project manage and lead a team on a portfolio.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.