Banking/ Finance Associate - 6mths -3PQE
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior associate from a well-regarded City firm to join an incredibly well supported and highly regarded Magic Circle law firm.
There will be the opportunity to take advantage of client secondments and focus on a breadth of work - the firm acts for a broad range of clients and handle a variety of types of work rather than specialising in one small area.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
- Advising on the financing elements of a range of corporate and commercial issues
- Advising on acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, project finance and structured finance
- Advising on debt capital market transactions, corporate recovery and insolvency and securitisations
- Advising on bank lending of all kinds, including corporate and sovereign
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees.
Key skills and attributes:
- Post-qualification experience in a City, major regional or leading international firm
- Broad exposure across a range of high value transactions
- Previous experience of working on similar scale deals and with a significant level of responsibility is essential
- Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
- Demonstrable first rate legal/commercial knowledge
- Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
- Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
For a confidential chat, please don't hesitate to call on +44 (0)20 7691 2888 and ask for one of our dedicated consultants.