Corporate Lawyer (Structured Finance)
Elevate is recruiting a Corporate Lawyer with over 5 years PQE for a six-month contract at a top tier Investment Bank,in London, supporting their trade and receivables business.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have legal experience working for an Investment Bank.
- Have strong background in structured and secured lending transactions in the commodities space.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Have first class organisational skills and can manage your time effectively.
- Want to work in-house as part of an investment bank’s legal team.
Specifically you will be:
- Supporting the Trade and Receivables finance business in the UK with most of the time spent working with the Commodities and Structured Trade Finance team.
- Supporting structured and secured lending transactions in the commodities space including vanilla trade products such as documentary credits, bank guarantees etc.
- Working on prepayments, pre-export financings, borrowing base financings, receivables financings, silent payment undertakings/guarantees etc.
- Managing at least 15-20 transactions varying in size during any one period including a mix of bilateral financing where documentation is prepared in-house as well as larger syndicated/club deals.
- Act as the first point of call for the business for trouble shooting and structural queries.
- Drafting, negotiating and executing on a wide variety of transactional documents.
- Advising on a variety of risk management, disclosure and distribution of cross border legal issues.
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reform.
- Managing external counsel to ensure the bank’s interests are satisfied.
- Training from a law firm with good technical knowledge in commodities and structured finance.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience post qualification. (5+ years PQE)
- First class legal experience obtained working for an investment bank or law firm.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to engage clients in a way that instills confidence and fosters strong client relationships.
- A savvy operator with good commercial and business acumen.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Confident working within complex multi-functional, multi-jurisdictions environments.
- Highly organised with flexible, resilient and credible personality.
- Drive, enthusiasm and desire to succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance 7+ years In-House £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Acquisition Finance 7+ years In-House £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Asset Finance 7+ years In-House £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Project Finance 7+ years In-House £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)