Data Protection Solicitor: Various locations
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
They are looking for a senior solicitor with Data Protection experience, at least 6PQE+ to join the commercial team. They will look at the succesful candidate joining any office, so the office of their choice. This encompasses Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and more
The national Commercial team works with a wide range of clients both private and public. They provide a comprehensive range of commercial services encompassing commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, competition, procurement and state aid, and strategically supporting supply chain management. their clients are in various sectors such as retail, transport and logistics, media, pharmaceutical, insurance and technology and, within the public sector, universities, police forces and local authorities. They advise on a variety of contracts from day-to-day business relationships up to major projects, and have expertise in intellectual property, data protection, IT contracts, joint ventures, collaboration and partnership agreements, public-private projects, agency and distribution agreements, supply chain agreements and franchising.
- To advise and support clients on all matters relating to Data Protection; including GDPR
- To manage own case load of Data Protection and IT matters while offering support to the Commercial team and the firm generally
- To draft, review and negotiate specific clauses and agreements on Data Protection and IT matters to a high level of drafting
- To design and deliver presentations and training upon Data Protection and IT matters
- To carry out business development focused upon Data Protection and IT matters
- To work closely with other members of the national Commercial team
- To advise and support more junior members of the Commercial team
The person specification
- Minimum 6 year PQE solicitor with specific Data Protection experience and ideally IT experience
- Good knowledge of the DPA and GDPR.
- Excellent communication, organisation and drafting skills
- Methodical, organised approach
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.