Corporate Solicitor/Partner: North West
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
They are looking to appoint a solicitor into a senior role, up to partner level within the corporate and company team. they are open as to location for this role
The national Corporate team provides a comprehensive range of legal services, with a particular focus on corporate transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, and trade sales and disposals. They also handle company formations, re-organisations and re-structuring, joint ventures, shareholders agreements and investment agreements and offer advice on general company law compliance and corporate governance.
To manage own workload and assist other lawyers in relation to corporate transactional work and company law advisory work.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a workload of corporate transactional and company law advisory work (see above), for a variety of high profile clients including OMBs, private companies, public sector bodies, LLPs, partnerships and individuals;
- Assist other lawyers in the team with their work as required including supporting lead advisers in transactional work and supervision of more junior lawyers;
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of transactional and corporate documents;
- Advise clients in relation to various areas set out above
- Ensure clients are kept informed as often as may be required
- Attend client meetings and visit clients' premises as necessary
- Liaise with internal and external parties such as colleagues, clients, other lawyers etc
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KPIs are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified solicitor
- Currently working in a corporate or company/commercial role
- Excellent drafting and research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Corporate Solicitor/Partner: North West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly