This national commercial firm seeks a corporate solicitor NQ-3 for the Birmingham office
Our national Corporate team provides a comprehensive range of legal services, with a particular focus on corporate transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, and trade sales and disposals. We also handle company formations, re-organisations and re-structuring, joint ventures, shareholders agreements and investment agreements and offer advice on general company law compliance and corporate governance.
This role is based in our Birmingham office
Main purpose of role
To assist partners and other fee earners in the team and manage own caseload of corporate and company law matters.
· Assist partners and other fee earners with their caseloads, and manage own caseload of corporate transactions and company law matters
· Provide general company law advice to clients
· Manage cases in accordance with client expectations
· Work in accordance with the firms' values and procedures
· Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
· Comply with Data Protection compliance and procedures
· Complete Client MI procedures/databases as and when required
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the role.
The person specification
· Qualified solicitor with up to three years' PQE
· High level of corporate awareness, with strong attention to detail
· Experience of :
o undertaking due diligence and drafting due diligence reports
o undertaking disclosure and drafting/negotiating disclosure letters
o drafting ancillary corporate transactional documentation
o helping manage and co-ordinate completion meetings
o project managing smaller corporate transactions
o drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements for smaller transactions
o drafting shareholder agreements, option agreements and articles of association
· Commercial approach to research
· Familiarity with and genuine interest in corporate and company law
· Ability to work as part of a team within the corporate team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
· Ability to work proactively and use initiative
· Passionate about business development for the team and Birmingham office
· Excellent communication and organisation skills
· Methodical, organised approach
· Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.