Corporate Knowledge Development Lawyer
Working hours: 4-5 days per week
Practice group: Knowledge, Learning and Development
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
The role of the Knowledge Development Lawyer is to support their relevant practice groups’ and the firm’s KM initiatives to enhance the group’s quality of know-how, and its efficiency and profitability in line with its business objectives. The role reports to the Director of Knowledge, Learning and Development, but also works with the KM partners for the practice groups to identify the groups’ KM needs. This role will assist the Corporate team on a permanent part time basis full time. The role comprises of, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Drafting, reviewing, maintaining and updating precedents, practice notes, checklists, toolkits, clause banks and all other forms of know-how documents required by the practice groups
- Working with the Director of Knowledge and the wider Knowledge team to develop and maintain a comprehensive, accessible firm wide KM system, on which all practice group know-how is maintained. The KDL is responsible for structuring, classifying, and maintaining all their practice groups’ know-how on the system and for working with the Director of Knowledge and the Knowledge team to define and improve the infrastructure and functionality of the KM system on an ongoing basis.
- Such other KM or L&D related activities that the Director of Knowledge and the practice area requires.
- Desirably an experienced practitioner in Corporate with KDL experience and with at least 7 years’ PQE (5+ years will also be considered)
- Proven organisational ability within a commercial and pressurised environment
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Effective, sound decision making and organisational skills
- Reliability and commitment
- Technical expertise in using online research tools and databases
- Commercial awareness, financial acumen and a business-like approach to legal practice
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial 7+ years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate 7+ years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Commercial contracts 7+ years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- M&A 7+ years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services 7+ years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)