Are you a Lawyer with 4+ years' PQE?
Do you have property, corporate & commercial experience?
Would you like to work in-house at a unique accountancy firm?
This Top 15 Chartered Accountancy firm is seeking an experienced 3+ years' PQE Business Lawyer to join their small legal team in the Birmingham office. In this position, you will manage a range of corporate, property and commercial matters from initial instruction through to conclusion within the West and East Midlands region.
As a Business Lawyer, you will advise and assist on:
- Corporate and transactional matters, including business sales, acquisitions, restructures, and MBOs;
- Commercial matters, including commercial contracts, EMIs, intellectual property;
- Non-contentious employment law matters such as employment contracts, service agreements and settlement agreements;
- Taking new leases and renewing leases, buying and selling commercial and development property, investment property structures and finance arrangements.
In this varied and dynamic role, you will:
- Work with surveyors on property investment strategy, portfolio management, service charge liability and scrutiny, valuations, business rates management, rent reviews and renewal negotiations and dilapidation negotiations;
- Work with Tax and VAT teams to provide a full service on any property matters and corporate transactional matters;
- Take initial instructions for Sale and Purchase of commercial and development property matters;
- Have active involvement in all Business Development opportunities to expand the legal practice in the East and West Midlands;
- Give estimates of costs to new clients and be responsible for managing costs throughout all matters;
- Liaise with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders, business sale brokers, other professionals and opposing solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Be responsible for all file opening and AML procedures and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in relation to the same.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 4+ years' PQE in corporate and commercial work;
- Have a strong understanding of commercial and development property processes and procedures;
- Have excellent knowledge of business drivers, legal, regulatory and business risks of owner managed businesses;
- Corporate transactional work and general commercial law;
- Good time management and personal organisation;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team.
Contact me today to apply as interviews are ongoing email@example.com or call 020 7269 6367.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance, ProHR and ProMarketing.