Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Childcare Lawyer to work on a contracted basis at a London based Local Authority. The role is for an initial 3 months with the view to extend subject to the review of work.
The postholder will be required to undertake all work including, inter alia, the settling of pleadings, preparation for hearings, provision of advice and representation of the Council in all courts, Tribunals and Inquiries.
The successful candidate will also be expected to have:
· Thorough and up to date knowledge of all areas of Social Services law
· Public Law Outline
· Adoption Proceedings
· Children’s Judicial Review matters
The council are seeking candidates who can meet the demands of a large varied caseload amongst the following:
· Qualified Solicitor/Barrister/FILEX
· Local government background
· Experience undertaking advocacy
· Adept at using IKEN system
· Good knowledge of relevant legislation related to childcare laws
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar or Jade Gorrod on 020 7557 7667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.