In-house Legal: Contracts
An FTSE listed business is recruiting an in-house lawyer to join their established legal team based in Luton.
The ideal candidate would be either a qualified solicitor or an experienced Contract Manager. You'll be dealing with the below on a regular basis:
* Handling your own caseload of legal matters.
* Review of commercial contracts and providing feedback on legal terms and conditions.
* Analyse legal/commercial risk within the contracts and propose mitigation, where necessary prepare escalation documents and reports for senior management.
* Draft and review any other contracts that the business may require including hardware,
software, employment, etc.
* Respond to legal queries, from all parts of the business, giving clear, consistent and practical advice on contract interpretation.
* Defend and instigate claims involving clients, suppliers and workers - instructing and managing external counsel where appropriate to do so.
A qualified solicitor or Contract Manager you will have extensive commercial contract experience. You will have outstanding customer facing skills coupled with an attention to detail. You will have a proven track record of being able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in an environment laced with a wide variety of challenges and unexpected interruptions. Exposure to both litigation and employment matters would be an advantage.
This role would also suit a flexible working arrangement, either 3 or 4 days a week if required
To apply for this position please contact Grant Jackson at Chadwick Nott
0121 200 5574
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.