Data Privacy Lawyer
My client, a global FMCG company is looking for a Data Privacy Lawyer to join their team on a contract basis to assist in a GDPR implementation project.
The Commercial and Data Privacy Lawyer will report in to the Senior Legal Counsel as well as work with various functions in the business, including IT, R&D, software developers, HR, and other teams.
- Drafting and negotiating UK and international commercial contracts including SaaS, IT service providers, software development, and marketing
- Advising on a range of international business matters such logistics and outsourcing matters
- Being the data privacy SME and providing data protection advice to the business as it arises
- Designing, developing, and delivering Data Protection/ Data Privacy training programmes across the business on a global basis
- Working with Senior Legal Counsels in jurisdictions across the globe to assist with data protection quarries and matters
- Working with senior stakeholders in the business including C-Suite executives on implementing GDPR throughout the business
Candidates of interest will be:
- Qualified lawyers coming from a private practice or in-house background, with time spent on a data protection / data privacy focused role
- Experience as a Data Protection Officer is an asset but not required
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate and impart data privacy policies to IT professionals, product development professionals, and other members of the business such as R&D, HR, and marketing as well as other members of the legal team
- An enthusiastic personality and interest to be part of a business that is recognised as an innovative leader in their industry