National firm is looking for a corporate solicitor 1PQE+ to join the Birmingham Team.
To work within the firm's corporate team advising clients on a range of transactional matters, and actively participating in the team's business development activities.
We are seeking to enhance the corporate team through the recruitment of a solicitor with general corporate law and transactional experience. The ideal candidate should have experience of acting on corporate finance transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity transactions, in addition to drafting standard corporate documents such as articles of association, shareholders agreements and SPAs.
This is a genuine opportunity to become part of a successful corporate team, to undertake big ticket transactional work in an expanding team that will support you through your career development. Please see job description for further details.Person specification
- The ability to provide advice to clients to a high standard and often to tight timescales
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, to get on well with clients and intermediaries and to build strong relationships with them
- The ability to work as part of a team both within the corporate team, the wider department and the firm as a whole
- A strong academic background with relevant experience in providing legal advice as outlined above
- Flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, ambitious, focused, results oriented and keen to take responsibility and develop the business
- An effective communicator and negotiator able to establish and maintain harmonious and professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Attentive to detail
- Willing to spend time if required in the firm's other offices (likely to be no more than one day per week on average), or on short-term secondments with clients
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.