Locum Planning Lawyer
Are you an experienced planning lawyer with public sector experience? Perhaps you have advised public sector teams whilst working in private practice and are now interested in now working directly for a council? Are you confident advising on a wide range of matters with autonomy? Do you prefer working in smaller teams and having more flexibility to the way you approach your work? This role may be right for you.
A council legal team in Yorkshire is looking to recruit a locum planning lawyer on an on-going basis, to assist them whilst they embark on their own permanent recruitment drive.
Working as part of the wider legal division, you will be responsible for advising on all aspects of planning law, both non-contentious and contentious, as well as attending planning committee.
It is important that you have/are:
- A qualification as a Solicitor, Barrister or FILEX
- Have proven PQE in planning or environmental law
- Are confident working autonomously
- Are able to 'muck in' and help advise on litigious matters such as planning enforcements
- Can communicate legal 'jargon' into terms that can be digested by non legal professionals
- Are willing to attend an evening planning committee if required
- Experience advising on Highways matters would be advantageous
This is a 3 month temporary role that may be extended. An hourly rate of £35 - £45 per hour (inside IR35) is offered for this post.
To apply, please email Emily Bulman on email@example.com with a copy of your CV or to start an initial, confidential discussion.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Chadwick Nott is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.