Professional Support Lawyer
Practice group/Global Operations team: Company Commercial
Type of Vacancy: Permanent
Full time/Part time: Full-Time
Location: Birmingham, London, Manchester or Leeds
Our client is a global multinational law practice. The firm provides local and international clients with the quality advice they need to succeed. The firm’s UK lawyers build genuine long-term relationships to develop a deep understanding of a client’s organisation. The firm offers a full range of legal services from sector-focused specialists and employs hundreds of leading advisers based in offices around the world.
Our client’s banking PSL directly supports the UK banking team, and offers strategic assistance to other offices in the global network as may be required from time to time, in all areas of knowledge for the team, which will include:
- managing/improving the content of team precedents and liaising with clients to agree client facing precedents such as legal opinions;
- updating and writing team guidance notes;
- collating current awareness and sector hot topics, with recourse to market source providers, and also leading on sector critical matters with the support of senior team partners and senior assistants;
- organizing ongoing team training, including vetting of training materials, writing/updating training materials, presenting sector critical training (both face to face and online), as well as arranging and running the very successful annual NQ induction course and annual sub group/ product specialism away days);
- managing the team knowhow bank with the support of dedicated Paralegals and wider team assistants;
- supporting key clients with training and knowledge services;
- liaising with industry bodies such as LMA and London Banking PSL Network;
- liaising with the Firm’s Legal Technology Group in respect of IT developments for the use of the banking team; and
- supporting the UK banking team on ad hoc queries and work process improvement initiatives (firm wide and team wide).
The Firm’s banking PSL works closely with other PSLs in the wider Company Commercial Group, and that wider team of PSLs works closely as a team, sharing experiences and best practice and delivering projects across the whole Company Commercial Group practice group. Our client’s banking PSL has dedicated Paralegal support and also has the support of a senior partner and senior assistants in the UK banking team.
Skills and experience:
The Firm’s preferred candidate will:
- Have at least 6 years post qualification experience in general corporate banking, acquisition finance and/or real estate finance. Experience as a PSL is helpful but not essential.
- Be a team player and a self-starter with a wide commercial perspective and a strong desire to be creative, do things differently and better with the support of the UK banking team.
- Have a strong interest in the black letter law, excellent technical skills and an eye for detail.
With the Firm’s network of UK offices, they are flexible about location and will consider candidates who wish to work full-time, part-time or flexibly.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Partner Private Practice £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Acquisition Finance Partner Private Practice £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Asset Finance Partner Private Practice £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Derivatives Partner Private Practice £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Emerging Markets Partner Private Practice £100,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)