PQE: 2 - 3 years (but other PQE levels considered)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a 2-3 year PQE Employment solicitor to join its Guildford team. The candidate will work closely with other members of the team to provide a seamless service to clients.
The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills and who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area. The role will focus on primarily contentious work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing all aspects of advice to clients on employment documentation, policies, disciplinary and grievances, family friendly issues, redundancy processes and GDPR.
- Running employment tribunal litigation including drafting Grounds of Resistance, Particulars of Complaint, attending Preliminary Hearings and dealing with case management steps.
- Carrying out due diligence on transactions and advising on “red flag” issues, drafting warranties and indemnities and advising on TUPE.
- Advising Senior Executives on maximising their severance terms on exit.
- Strong drafting skills both in respect of non-contentious and contentious work.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct of employment tribunal proceedings on behalf of Respondents and Claimants.
- Familiar with aspects of advice in employee data and privacy including Data Subject Access Requests.
- Experience of handling dismissals in the context of the financial services industry and an understanding of relevant regulatory issues.
- Experienced in giving advice on transactions both for buyer and seller and advising on all aspects of TUPE.
- Expertise in dealing with employment status issues including worker status and drafting contracts for services.
- Experienced in working with Employee Relations on all aspects of grievances, performance issues and disciplinary matters.
- Ability to present employment training to peers and clients alike.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and have the ability to work to (often short) deadlines.
- Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all level.
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients.
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.