Commercial/PPP 4+ - Surrey
Leading industrial engineering group that operates across EMEA is now seeking an additional lawyer to join the division that focuses on Government and non-Government infrastructure projects. Reporting to the Divisional Head of Legal, you will be keen to work large complex projects and work directly with senior commercial managers.
The successful candidate will provide legal advice and support to the business unit at all levels and across a broad range of proposals and commercial contracts. A strong technical ability and the willingness to work under pressure in a global company is a requirement. Previous exposure to an in-house role is preferable with experience in dealing with in-house sales teams and senior management, as well as external customers on proposal documents, head contracts, subcontracts and joint ventures, with experience of PFI and PPPs useful. Some familiarity with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act would be very useful.
Desirable experience will include:
- experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
- familiarity with a broad range of corporate legal issues affecting the business, including limits of liability, indemnities, warranties and intellectual property;
- strong written and oral communication skills, including experience dealing with business executives and clients;
- excellent organisational, presentation and process skills, with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment.
Candidates with exposure to Government contracts from angles other than commercial contracts are of strong interest. Experience in PFI/PPP, construction, projects and project finance is of great interest.
Some travel within EMEA may be necessary and outstanding career development prospects are available to the selected candidate.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.