Our client is a well-established full service law firm. We are recruiting on their behalf for an Interventions Manager to work within their Commercial Litigation team in London; they are offering a salary of £29,000- £30,000. This role reports directly to a Partner in the Commercial Litigation team and at the moment the team has three Paralegal's that the successful candidate will be supervising. The ideal candidate will have previous exposure to interventions and will have supervisory experience.
Main duties will include:
- Managing a team of support staff including Paralegals.
- Notifying all current clients of the intervened firm that their firm has been intervened, and assisting them with all issues that may arise.
- Reviewing uplifted practice papers and files to ascertain the stage at which the proceedings have reached and taking any appropriate action.
- Logging reviewed files onto the Case Management Software.
- Handling accounting information and analysing files to ascertain beneficial ownership of monies held in trust.
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls.
- Organising boxes and files received from an intervened firm.
- Preparing monthly invoices and financial reports for the SRA.
- Strong academic background with 2:1 at degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of dealing with accounting queries on a solicitors file and a basic understanding of client/office account ledgers.
- Basic understanding of conveyancing, litigation and legal aid files and systems.
- Experience of running own case load.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload, to work under pressure as well as overseeing the team's work ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent organisational skills and experienced at team management.
- Good drafting skills.
- IT literate to include Word, Outlook and Internet applications but with particularly strong Excel skills.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.