Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer
If you want to take charge of your career, work with a global law firm and some of the best companies in the world, we would love to hear from you!
What we can offer you:
The backing of a truly global law firm (Eversheds Sutherland now has over 2,300 lawyers, in 61 offices, across 29 countries), access to support and services such as PLC, full compensation for the upkeep of your practising certificate (pro rata when on placement) and access to in-house events, CPD training and webinars.
Flexibility: We have full time and part time opportunities, with many of our roles offering an element of remote working.
Quality: You will have access to high quality legal work, helping to strengthen your area of expertise, or help you diversify into new sectors or industries. We work with some of the biggest names/brands globally across a wide range of industries.
There are a number of roles across the UK (London, South East, Midlands, Chester, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol) for lawyers with financial services regulatory experience*
We're particularly interested in hearing from technically accomplished lawyers that have the following expertise:
· Ring Fencing or Structural Reform programme implementation
· Prime brokerage, derivatives, repo, securities lending, note issuance, loan and other complex transactions
· Implementing MIFID2, AIFMD, EMIR, Dodd-Frank, UCITS V and other regulatory initiatives, including Initial Margin Segregation for broker-dealers, asset managers and hedge funds
· Collateral management (triparty, custody) and segregation
· Prime Brokerage (cash, synthetic)
· DCM, ECM, High Yield bonds
· Credit derivatives, equity derivatives, structured products
· ISDA, LMA, GMRA, GMSLA, FOA
· Funds – Asset management / fixed income / Equities / Alternatives and Multi Asset Client Solutions
Personal attributes required:
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, trouble shoot and problem solve in a creative and innovative manner.
· Ability to manage a varied workload with minimal direction with effective legal risk management and appropriate escalation of legal risk.
Due to the volume of responses we receive, unfortunately if you have not heard back from us within 4 weeks of applying, we are not progressing your application. Please feel free to review our vacancies at www.eversheds-sutherland.com/careers for roles in the future as this is updated frequently.