Data Protection Partner
Top rated law firm seeking to speak with high calibre UK qualified Data Protection partners to work with the current head of technology to continue the growth and development of the wider team.
The opportunity is a mix of both fee earning and managerial responsibilities.
There would be an expectation of a portable book of business to be ported with you. For salaried partner level this would have to be a minimum of £400,000, whilst at equity level this would need to be north of £800,000.
The team focuses on:
- Dealing with international transfers of personal data, including through the use of the European Commission's approved Model Contract Clauses
- Protecting data in the cloud
- Big Data
- Online profiling, cookies and marketing
- Data sharing and exploitation, including in regulated industries or the health-care sector
- GDPR preparation
- Responding to queries and investigations by the Information Commissioner's Office
- Dealing with data security breaches
- Compliance strategies and projects, including data retention obligations
- Drafting privacy policies, layered notices, consents and terms and conditions
- Compliance with data protection, RIPA and other laws when considering interception, surveillance and monitoring
- Information governance and data management, including internal policies and employment documentation
- Advising on special considerations when dealing with sensitive personal data such as health data, or the personal data of children
- Freedom of Information (FOIA) issues
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Drafting and negotiating data processing agreements
- Data Protection aspects of E-commerce, IT/outsourcing/corporate transactions and litigation
- Bespoke training on data protection matters
If you are keen to learn more, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR