Family Law Senior Associate
To augment the Firm’s Family Law department, we are seeking a Senior Associate or someone approaching Partner status to join and help to develop the Family practice at our Fulham office. As this is a stand-alone fee earning role, the ideal person will be a dynamic individual with a positive attitude and demonstrable technical expertise in dealing with a full range of Family work gained at a practice recognised in the London area. Marketing and practice development skills are essential requirements of the position and the importance of good contacts within the London area supersedes that of an existing client base. The ideal candidate will therefore be based in London or working in London.
Further, the candidate will, ideally, be an accredited mediator who belongs to recognised professional Family bodies such as Resolution, etc.
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients in private matters in Family Law, as well as to other Departments of the Firm.
- Has the confidence of all Partners and colleagues in terms of the handling of referred work, including as to qualify of advice, quality of service levels, promptness of work done, and level of fees charged, seeking guidance from other senior members of the team or firm as appropriate.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients.
- Shows willingness to become involved in activities of the firm outside of the department to which the individual is assigned.
- Is maintaining their client/referrer base and continuing to develop it.
- Understands and undertakes proper referral of work to relevant departments and recommendation of work for other departments.
- Is involved in practice development and marketing activities for the department, office and Firm.
- Demonstrates a very good level of commercial awareness.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Travelling to client meetings when required.
- Promoting good file management.
- Ensuring compliance with Lexcel and other regulatory procedures.
- Maintaining a professional knowledge base.
A good honours degree
Essential personal qualities and attributes
In addition to the above:
- Demonstrates a high level of technical competence in chosen area of law and practice (and a sufficient understanding and awareness of all relevant areas of law as appropriate) with nominal need for supervision.
- Achieves targets in respect of chargeable hours, fees, recovery rate, lock-up and non-chargeable time as an Senior Associate Solicitor
- Is able to get involved in practice development and marketing activities for the department, office and Firm.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues and clients/key business introducers, etc.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Sound training
- Well developed interpersonal, social and communication skills including an appreciation of the vulnerability of some of our clients, both generally and also specifically at distressing times
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and under pressure
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Solicitor including in the following areas:
- Rules and principles of professional conduct
- Client care
- Conflicts of interest
- Relations with third parties
- Relations with other solicitors
- Regulatory and compliance procedures
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other office management systems
- Prior knowledge of Lexcel requirements
- Client following
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Medical cover
- Contributory pension (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme (payable in November) is 14% for a Senior Associate Solicitor
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Travel To Work loan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- Training and Development Programme
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.