Working for a well known University and reporting into The Head of Legal, you will undertake a broad ranging role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head of Legal and providing support and commercially focussed legal advice to the University group of companies
- Supporting and advising departments across the University to include those that deal with handling student complaints, policy, marketing, academic registry and regulatory issues, IP issues, insurance and compliance issues
- The Senior Legal Counsel will report directly to the Head of Legal
- Client Service
- As part of the Legal Team, provide support and advice to the University in strategic and day to day legal issues
- Provision of accurate and sound legal advice and guidance
- Ensuring all deadlines both internally and for external clients and regulatory authorities are met
- Be flexible in approach to role and task completion and when applicable 'step in or 'step up' to other roles/positions that may need support.
- Achieving Results
Assisting the business with:
- Contracts: draft, structure, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial, supply, partnership, collaboration, procurement and student contracts
- Litigation-work with other departments to investigate legal claims as they arise and manage external Counsel as appropriate.
- Corporate Governance - work on all areas of corporate governance as required.
- Regulations, policies and processes - provide legal input into appropriate governance, regulatory and compliance policies and processes.
- Academic support - provide legal support for all academic requirements as appropriate.
- Insurance: assist with placement of the Company's insurance on an annual or otherwise as needed basis, to ensure adequate coverage of the Company's risks. Work with insurers to manage claims and potential claims, and litigation relating to the University.
- Property - work with external Counsel to support the Estates team where required.
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken are accurate and in line with the current legal position
- Provide advice and deliver ad hoc projects that may be delegated by the Head of Legal and Directors.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure the seamless provision of legal services
- Work proactively with all University departments who require the support of the Legal Team.
- Share specialist knowledge with relevant parties as necessary
- Promote and sustain a constructive, supportive and friendly working relationship with all clients, external and internal, immediate and senior management and other colleagues
- Participate in the development of the Legal Team
This is a broad ranging and hands-on role that offers outstanding exposure to the CEO and the management team. For additional information, please find contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.